Confessions of a Bookworm

An Intrepid Trip to Love - Charlie Cochet I think I'm in a minority of people who didn't care for this one. I love shifter stories, and this had a fair bit of potential, but it fell apart under the weight of too many characters and a plot device that has been used to death in this genre. And while the character exchanges were fun in many places, the constant banter got to be old after the first couple chapters.

But my biggest issue with this story...can we talk about the changes Trip went through after the bonding? Because I find I am very much not okay with a main character going from a sort of plain guy to this hulking, muscled, nearly-unrecognizable specimen of perfection. For real. The character's son actually didn't recognize him after all these changes took place, and there were several comments about how much more attractive he suddenly was and. Just. What?

I don't know. There were a lot of cute moments, and for the first two-thirds of the story, I was content to let my issues with it slide, but the last part kind of wrecked it for me. Between the big WTF moment I had reading about the aftereffects of the bonding, and how much the author tried to cram into the very end, trying to resolve almost everything while still setting up a sequel, it just didn't work for me at all. :(